Design Process to make it better

I have been working on the ColoredCow employee portal for over the past three months or so.  For the last two weeks, I have been working on designing the processes and automation to make onboarding smooth for new developers on the portal. I have learned a whole lot along the way. Let me tell you a little bit about my time with the designing processes.

How it all started

It started with a quick call lead by Vaibhav Rathore sir, joined by Satendra sir and me to discuss what we are going to do in the upcoming next few weeks from the part of designing the process to journey ending with automation. It was refreshing to hear that there were other opportunities outside of writing codes, and I was incredibly excited to get started.

Work we have done

Next, Satendra sir, and I discuss the issues and challenges we face during the installation of ColoredCow-Portal to the deployment of tasks on the testing site. So we frame our thoughts into jam board and from jam board to GitHub kanban(Process).  So we prioritize this issue from documentation to custom commands and then finally ending with some automation.




For a week, So our day started with a standup call to boost our day by prioritizing our daily tasks. Standups help me to get a focus on goals. End of the day, I used to give an internal glimpse of my day with the team by sharing a snapshot of my day. Through the process, I felt like I had a lot of support from the rest of the ColoredCow-Portal team. I could always ping Satendra and Vaibhav sir for better guidance.

I started working on the documentation of the installation, authorization, development, deployment, chat code of conduct. So documentation begins by researching and doing some hands-on to come out with all problems we are facing and the defined solution for them. It was reviewed by Satendra sir, and his feedbacks and suggestion were much valuable and thoughtful for me. 

After closing the documentation, we started resolving the issue at the code level. Satendra sir used to create issues for the problems we are facing. I used to research them first then make changes at the code level by either designing scripts or making custom commands for installation. The references provided by my mentors help me quickly come out with solutions. At the code level, I worked on custom commands for the installation of submodules, migrated codes from main to submodules, and done some hands-on on Github actions.



Conclusion

The overall experience was a little bit more unorthodox than I think most might’ve been. I can say that I learned a lot and grew as a mature developer. I'm grateful for all the support and guidance I receive from the ColoredCow-Portal team. Enjoyed the process of making the process better for ColoredCow-Portal.

Great Thanks for reading!

Keep reading, keep writing

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Getting deeper understanding of React-Redux by building it myself

Working together is a success ...