The start of My tour as a Reader ...

It all started during our internship in ColoredCow and Prateek Sir suggested us to read the bundle of books, and I had already shared the blog on the books to be read during engineering. As I was confused with the first one to go with. As I was in the habit of procrastination and luckily during the categorization of books I read the summary of the book "Eat that Frog" Book by Brian Tracy. It's Nothing revolutionary, but a good (and quick) recap of the things we need to do to get stuff done. The key premise is that if we ate a live frog first thing in the morning, everything else would be easy compared to that. It's a good reminder to concentrate on the most priority task instead of getting mired down in the smaller, unimportant ones. The Author gives 21 steps to getting things done. So, I wanted to share with you some stories after following these 21 steps. After reading the first step I was a bit more clear about my life goals or more I can say that my present next step. And this clarity enhances when I write down my goals on the sheet of paper and action plan for the next steps. So It will be with me or not I don't bother about it, but one thing I remember that it has made me overcome procrastination not cumulative but some integral part of it. After following another step now I plan my day in advance. So during this lockdown, my day starts in the morning at 4:00. I go for running and gyming at 4:30. It's kind of some bit of refreshment exercise and these all sudden changes came after reading and following one of the steps of the book. On continuing with exercise I do a book reading daily for one hour. Then the other things continue such as my projects, coding, entertainment, and much more ...
Now, whenever I do some kind of stuff the question that eagerly comes to my mind is how much will this contribute to my successful career. In the past, I was doing random pieces of stuff. So this thinking power came to me after following the step, 80/20 rule: 20% of your work will constitute 80% of your achievements. Concentrate on that 20%.
There are more stories with each step If I'll write down here then it will be lengthy. So I just suggest you start reading the book and see the change in your habits.

The second book I have read is "How to Win Friends and Influence People" by Dale Carnegie. This book had a profound effect on me, however, of the negative variety. It did give me pointers on how to actually break out of my shell and "win friends". The book basically teaches me to be agreeable to everybody, find something to honestly like about them and compliment them on it, talk about their interests only and, practically, act like a people pleaser all the time.
I have observed many changes in my expression of thoughts from the point to Never criticize, show sincere appreciation, find out what others want and show them how to get it, become interested in them, smile at them, and know their name. So, while doing the project Covid19 Uttarakhand we had a meeting with officials. We were practicing these exercises we appreciate their views but some of them were not logically matching with ours's but we never used to criticize. We used to think over their viewpoint and resonate with them by Praising and appreciating them, asking questions instead of giving them a direct order or viewpoint, we give them a reputation to live up to, and make the other person happy about doing what you suggest.
This is one of the most profound books to understand others' behaviors and in teaching me the skills to communicate effectively with others. A lot of the information is quite basic, but the examples and the message are quite profound. It has certainly made me stop and reevaluate my responses with others in the past few weeks when needing to work through difficult professional and personal situations. I think this book is a must-read and will continue to be a timeless classic book.

The third book I have read is "Rich Dad Poor Dad" by Robert and Sharon. After reading this I came to the conclusion that I really don't know anything about finances. I remedied that by reading this book. This book really opened my eyes to new financial ideas that I had never thought of before. It goes into stocks, real estate, savings, and building assets. I liked the two Dads that gave different perspectives. I realized I had the 'Poor Dads' perspective right off the bat, which I'm sure most people do. That perspective consists of "Go to school, get good grades, get a college degree, get a good job, work yourself to death, and live paycheck to paycheck". I think that's what our society generally prescribes as a normal life. Rich Dad, however, preaches "School is good, but learning how to manage, manipulate, and make money will help you live a comfortable life and eventually let your money work for you." The great starting point for learning about personal finances. When I started reading the book I get a fresh perspective about looking at money and finance. The definition of an asset and a liability presented in this book is very clever and going by the definition presented in this book, I believe now in creating assets rather than investing in liabilities. "An asset puts money in my pocket. A liability takes money out of my pocket."Now I believe assets are the key to becoming wealthy seems logical and worth applying. I'll have to continue building my "financial intelligence" as he calls it to start being able to implement the ideas in this fabulous book. I hope I can turn this book into practice so that I can grow in financial security and have the backbone to make it happen. It's going to take some guts! but I'll do it.

So, the next book now I'm ongoing with is "Flow" Book by Mihaly Csikszentmihalyi.

Stay Home, Stay Safe! Keep Reading, Keep Writing.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Design Process to make it better

Getting deeper understanding of React-Redux by building it myself

Working together is a success ...